Fanatec CSL Elite Pedals Review
At the bottom of the Fanatec pedal chain, the CSL Elite Pedals set is the entry-point for pedals on the Fanatec’s Ecosystems, comes from factory with a full-metal Aluminium design that covers all, very resistant that delivery impressive stability and durability.
You have the option to Fully adjustable as prefer with various tuning and setup options, The gas, brake, and optional clutch can be adjusted horizontaly and can even be separately mounted onto your customized cockpit without the heelrest plate.
The CSL Elite Pedals can be extended with the optional CSL Elite Pedals Loadcell Kit to add a loadcell brake, this Kit adds a third pedal, the loadcell brake unit, and uses the former brake unit as clutch pedal with a new limiter pad.
The only difference with the CSL Elite Pedals LC is the LoadCell Kit, The LC comes from factory with this kit, the CSL Elite Pedals not.
The Buyer’s Guide and Review
Last modified: August 24 of 2020.
|Pedals||Gas, Brake, optional Clutch|
|Ready For||PS4 Ready / Xbox One Ready|
|Product Page||Fanatec CSL Elite Pedals|
Brief Design Overview
- Premium Materials
- Solid, full-metal design
- 12-Bit resolution
- Fully adjustable
- Free layout
- Free choice of pedal plate surface
- Optional Loadcell Kit
- Optional clutch pedals
Full set of Features
- Plug and play pedals with throttle and brake pedal unit
- Pedal units and heel rest made from solid Aluminum
- Brake pedal with metal spring and PU foam damper for pressure braking simulation and more realism
- Extra-long pedals for more realism and comfort
- Adjustable horizontal distance between pedal units allows asynchronous setup
- Ability to easily remove pedals from heelrest and install them together with the electronics in cockpits or stands separately
- 12bit resolution potentiometers
- Heel rest offers large rest surface
- Detachable rubber pedal covers offer good grip on soft surface
- Direct connection to Fanatec Wheel Bases and Racing Wheels
- USB connection to PC only via ClubSport USB Adapter (optional)
- Upgradable by CSL Elite Pedals Loadcell Kit (optional)
CSL Elite Pedal Loadcell Kit.
PS4 Ready: Yes
Xbox One Ready: Yes
Note: On PC the pedals must be connected directly to the Wheel Base and do not come with an USB connector. On consoles, This pedal set can be used on gaming consoles, if connected through a Fanatec Wheel Base / Racing Wheel.
Compatible to any Fanatec Wheel Base or Fanatec Racing Wheel with RJ12 Pedals connector. To connect Fanatec Wheels with PS/2 Pedal Socket, you need the additional PS/2 to RJ12 cable.
Clubsport USB Adapter
What is included?
- Throttle pedal unit
- Brake pedal unit with PU foam damper
- Heel rest
- 1x Wheel Base connection cable RJ12/RJ12 (~3m)
- 2x rubber pedal cover (detachable)
- 1x Wrench 13 mm (cropped)
- 1x Allen Key 6 mm
- 1x Quick Guide
- Mounting screws
CSL Elite Pedals vs CSL Elite Pedals LC
|CSL Elite Pedals||CSL Elite Pedals LC|
|Platform:||PC Ready, PS4 Ready, XBox One Ready||PC, PS4 Ready, XBox One Ready|
|ABS brake vibration:||No||No|
|Adjustable ABS vibration:||–||–|
|Adjustable brake sensitivity:||No||Yes|
|Adjustable pedal angle:||No||No|
|Load cell brake:||Optional||Yes|
|Main material:||Diecast Aluminium||Diecast Aluminium|
|Pedal pads:||Aluminium, Rubber||Aluminium, Anti-skid, Rubber|
|Adjustable spring strength:||–||No|
|Adjustable brake stiffness and travel:||No||Yes|
|USB Connectivity:||With optional adapter||Direct|
|Brake performance kit:||–||–|
|Max bits of resolution:||12 (4096) on all axes||12 (4096) on throttle and clutch, 16 (65536) on brake|
|Grap your product:||CSL Elite Pedals||CSL Elite Pedals LC|
- Only Racing Wheel | | $99.95 (Update)
Let’s do the math, The CSL Elite Pedals LC come as a complete set, extended with the loadcell brake unit for $229.95, the CSL Elite Pedals cost $99.95 if you add the additional LoadCell Kit will cost you $135.95 more for a total of $239,9, as you can see you save 10 bucks in the transaction. Not that much if you think,
If you are new to sim racing looking to add a new pair of pedals for your set go for the CSL Elite, later you can add the loadCell and get the full advantage on the brake with muscle tension just like in a real car for a reasonable price.
Otherwise if you have the money to invest (right now) go for it, and taking account that Fanatec delivery is taking long and long times these days is not a bad idea to get the all experience at ones.