Fanatec Podium Racing Wheel F1 Review
Those were my words when the podium racing wheel f1 arrive at the crazy racing headquarters, to be honest, at a glance it’s very impressive, is the first Ever Direct Drive System for the PlayStation 4, everything is wireless so the issues with the cable rotation are a thing of the past, the motor is an outrunner-type (Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor (PMSM) specially designed for sim racing.
ok, Let’s get started, I felt overwhelmed by the Outstanding performance, the low loudness, and a solid feel in every shift. The rim has 11 buttons, 12-way multi-position switches, thumb encoders, rocker switches, Revolution LED bars with multi-color LEDs showing motor RPM and optimal shifting points and two-flag LED bars with three multi-color LEDs.
Two words for you: Direct Drive (one of the most outstanding highlights of the podium), I consider this a high-end product, is also compatible with PC and all its major racing games, carbon fiber paddle plates, Alcantara handgrips, and an aluminum cage, the Podium racing wheel f1 is dreamy and my new fave, is not cheap but if you have the money go for it, is totally worth it.
The Buyer’s Guide and Review
Last modified: November 05 of 2020.
|Product Type||Racing Wheel|
|Model||P RW F1 US|
|Editorial Rating||9.1 Starts|
|Ready For||PC / PS4 / PS5 / Xbox One Ready / Xbox Serie X|
|Product Page||Fanatec Podium Racing Wheel F1 USA|
Brief Design Overview
The first-ever direct drive system compatible with PS4 ™, But works just smooth with PC too, This racing wheel use a well made DD1 Base, powered by the company’s DD1 direct drive system, specially designed for sim-racing, how cool is that? The all packet is ready with the new ClubSport Steering Wheel F1 PS4, full of new functionalities like multi-position switches, rocker switches, 11 buttons, rotary thumb encoders, and an OLED display.
What are you buying?
The first-ever direct drive system for the play station 4
Compatible with PC
The magic happens when the wheelbase transfers data and power to the wheel inputs and displays wirelessly eliminating cable rotation issues
Uses an outrunner motor specially designed for sim racing (permanent magnet synchronous motor)
Is bundled with the Club sport steering wheel f1 ps4 edition (27cm diameter f1-styled with a lot of features and controls)
Includes the preinstalled podium advanced paddle module (this provides a solid feel to every shift)
PS5: Yes PS4: Yes PS3: No
Xbox: Yes Xbox Series X: Yes
Compatibility Notes: This racing wheel is fully compatible with All PlayStation®4 and PS4® Pro systems. PS4™ as well as the new coming Playstation®5, It’s well mention that the full compatibility can be only guaranteed on PC, for your Xbox systems including the new Xbox Serie, the racing wheel can be used just if you attach an Xbox Wheel.
- Officially licensed by Formula 1
- Officially licensed for PlayStation 4
- F1®-style steering wheel with a compact diameter of 27 cm
- Construction made of metal and carbon fiber.
- 5 mm solid carbon fiber front plate with blue accents.
- Grips made of genuine Italian made Alcantara®.
- 11 buttons with ultra-reliable switches.
- Two rocker switches.
- Two 12-way multi-position switches with rotary encoder functionality.
- Analog joystick to look around in the cockpit or to map with any other axis.
- Two thumb encoders well-reachable while driving without releasing the grips.
Direct Drive Wheel Base
- PS4-compatible direct drive wheelbase.
- Custom-designed servo motor optimized for racing simulator applications.
- Outrunner-type motor achieves outstanding peak torque of 20Nm
- Ultra-low torque ripple ensures minimal mechanical distractions
- Wireless data and power to all Fanatec steering wheels to enable unlimited rotation of the steering wheel.
- Integrated 2.7” 256×64 resolution OLED display with advanced telemetry features for real-time motor and force feedback data such as power output, FFB clipping and more.
- Torque Key allows the user to lock/unlock the full performance of the wheelbase.
- Firmware can be updated with new features.
- Motor driver firmware can also be updated.
- Fast 1000 Hz USB update rate.
- Allows connection of two external shifters (e.g. H-pattern and sequential) in parallel.
- Connection ports for peripheral devices: USB, Power, Pedals, Shifter 1, Shifter 2, Handbrake.
- All-Aluminium housing featuring unique carbon fiber panels with blue accents.
- Automotive-grade Quick Release system with rubber damper for zero flex and movement between the steering wheel and wheelbase.
- Standard 3 year warranty on the wheelbase.
- Standard 2 year warranty on the Steering Wheel and the Advanced Paddle Module
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Is the Fanatec Podium F1 the same as a DD1 or DD2?
The Fanatec Podium Racing Wheel comes from factory with the Podium Wheel Base DD1 PS4™, and your answer is, No, They are not the same, DD2 base has slightly different features from the One’s version. In the DD1 for example the peak torque is 20Nm, in DD2 reach an outstanding peak torque of 25Nm.
Is the Fanatec Podium F1 compatible with Xbox One?
Yes, it’s compatible with your Xbox Console, yet if you use an Xbox steering wheel attached to it. One thing you should know right of the bat is that the Full compatible can be only guaranteed on PC.
Does The Fanatec Podium Racing F1 Wheel Work With PS4?
Yes, The Podium Racing Wheel F1 works very well with your PS4 and PS5 Consoles.
It’s very expensive, but if you think twice, it’s also probably the last sim racing wheel you’ll ever need. the reason is simple, this is the laster technology for sim racing systems. Made for advanced users looking to take their racing experience to a new all level.
Fanatec Podium Racing Wheel F1 USA1,799.95
- Officially licensed by Formula1™
- Officially licensed for PlayStation4™
- Direct Drive Without The Hassle
- Exclusive ClubSport Steering Wheel F1®
- F1 Style ( It's not that bad if you hard-die F1 enthusiastic.
- Looking for full setup? be prepared to spend at least $2,159.85