Podium BMW Wheel for GT3 Review
Groundbreaking steering wheel, Announced recently by Fanatec, we were just getting recovery from Flack Friday craziness when Fanatec announced a new steering wheel for the simracing community, the brand new Podium BMW, planning for releasing on the second quarter of 2021,
We take a close look at this wheel, and we want to analyze the new “features” Fanatec introduce or is “planning to introduce” on this product, First, we need to mention right from the bat, that this steering wheel has been developed simultaneously for both the real and for the virtual racing, in collaboration with BMW Motorsport, the Podium Steering Wheel BMW M4 GT3 sets a new bar for sure in simulation realism.
But do we really need that much realism? What is the line between a game and real-life racing? nobody knows, but what we really know is, for most simracing racer like you and me, this is an overwhelming waist of features.
“I think”, clearly this racing wheel was created for a niche on the mind, professional e-sport racer looking for that small millisecond in the lap that makes the difference between winning or losing a race.
Besides that, the new revolutionary improvements than Fanatec is including in this racing wheel, we really like the new RGB LED-backlit on buttons and switches, the materials ( carbon fibre ) and the no so new Quick Release.
This Steering wheel is compatible with your PS4 and the new PS5 Console, and of course like any other product from Fanatec is natively compatible with your personal computer ( PC ) too.
The Buyer’s Guide and Review
Last modified: March 16 of 2022.
|Product Type||Steering Wheel|
|Model||BMW M4 GT3|
|Editorial Rating||Not Test|
|Ready For||PC / PS4 / PS5|
|Product Page||Podium BMW GT3 Product Page|
BMW M4 GT3 wheel revealed | Fanatec + BMW Motorsport | Podium Series
Engineered by FANATEC® in collaboration with BMW Motorsport, the Podium Steering Wheel BMW M4 GT3 sets a new bar for simulation realism.
Brief Design Overview
- Official BMW Motorsport product
- Rubber hand grips molded over carbon fibre structure
- Multi-layer (8 layers) full carbon fibre body
- Dust and water resistance
- IP65 rating in shock and vibration
- 310 mm diameter and 1400 g (approx)
- Communicates with 2022 BMW M4 GT3 via CAN bus
- Fanatec QR2: all-new quick release
- Dual-action (push/pull) magnetic shifter paddles
- Two dual-Hall sensor clutch paddles
- 4-way D-pad under the BMW logo
- Three backlit 12-position rotary switches with encoder functionality
- Two custom-designed, 12-step thumb encoders with Hall sensors
- 1” OLED display
- RGB LED-backlit front buttons (colour-adjustable and dimmable, interchangeable caps)
- 14 push buttons (12 front-facing, 2 rear-facing) with 700 g activation force
PS5: Yes PS4: Yes PS3: NO
Xbox: No Xbox Series X: No
Compatible with all PS4 and PS5 systems when connected to a PlayStation-licensed wheelbase, and PC.
So far this steering wheel is not compatible with Xbox Consoles.
Wheel Base Compatibilities
- We don’t have an official list of simracing bases compatible with this product, but for sure will be compatible with the PODIUM BASES.
What is included?
- Podium Steering Wheel BMW M4 GT3
- QR1 Wheel-Side (gold, preinstalled)
- QR2 Wheel-Side (coming soon; First Edition buyers will receive QR2 Wheel-Side in a separate package)
- Quick Guide
- QR1 update cable
- QR2 update cable (coming soon, sent separately))
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Is the Fanatec Podium BMW M4 GT3 compatible with Xbox?
No, this product is only compatible with your personal computer with Windows.
Is the Fanatec Podium BMW M4 GT3 compatible with PS Systems?
No, this product is only compatible with your personal computer with Windows, Can work but the functionality of this product on PS4 can be limited by the capabilities of the console.
The Podium Steering Wheel BMW M4 GT3 is built for ultimate performance on the track, what most impressive is the full carbon fibre construction, combined with a molded carbon casing with 8 layers makes this rim weigh almost nothing.
Like racing at night? the BMW M4 GT3 comes with RGB LED-backlit front buttons, backlit 12-position rotary switches, new and very firm custom thumb encoders, dual-action magnetic shifters, dual-Hall sensor clutch paddles, a motorsport grade quick-release with not tool-need.
What to spect from this new release? Price, we don’t know exactly how much will cost, but fur sure this high-end equipment will come with a price.
- Related Product
Podium BMW M4 GT31.499,95
- Official BMW M Motorsport product
- Homologated for GT3 racing (meets FIA standards)
- 1700 g (approx.) including quick release
- 14 buttons (12 front-facing, 2 rear-facing) with 700 g activation force
- Only compatible with Windows PC.