Best for speed enthusiasts, this compact & good design steering is a replica as used in formula cars, This shape will allow fast movements and reactions, no else will make you feel like you are driving a real Formula 1 car like this one.
Imagine this situation, playing a title like F1 2017 and using a CSL Formula wheel, with this pair you will able to handle the most advanced and realistic racing interactions you ever imagine, like Showing telemetry data directly on the big LED display, your current speed, gear, remaining fuel, among many others, and all this during gameplay and more likely from your home sofa.
This racing wheel comes with a surprisingly very good price for all technology you will get, If you have extra money to buy a set of pedals I can guarantee you endless fun.
The Buyer’s Guide and Review
Last modified: November -2019.
|Product Type||Racing Wheel|
|Model||CSL E RW FB|
|Editorial Rating||4.5 Starts|
|Product Page||CSL Elite Racing Wheel Formula|
Brief Design Overview
This Racing wheel is the ideal accessory for any gamer, PC or console, I can’t resist having a replica of a steering wheel just as used in formula cars, is amazing how it makes you feel when you sit in front of it. With eleven buttons and two paddle shifter buttons with ultra-reliable switches not mentioning the joystick and LED Display, this Elite Racing Wheel has an incredible attention to detail, the first thing you’ll notice is how splendid it looks on the package.
- It has a super fast steering wheel acceleration which makes it ideal for drifting, in seconds you can see how fast it makes accelerating changes.
- LED Display for speed, current gear, remaining fuel and many other parameters and tuning functions can be shown
- Light bar in the Wheel Base (Need to admit it looks awesome)
- Supports vibration motors in the wheel but it depends on the steering wheel model which is disappointing sometimes
- If you’d love to drive a sim race, of course you’ll need a set of pedals and it’s’ not included
- Ideal distribution of the elements (buttons, joysticks, LED display and light bar) so they don’t disturb your screen view.
Once you start driving you won’t stop, the vibrating (when you has the right wheel model and settings) is so realistic! Buttons and joysticks are really helpful you can even exchange Steering Wheels during gameplay. (Between us, it’s appearance gives an amazing look for turning another driving game into a real speed experience) sometimes the game you play it with can be the determinant factor between an amazing driving and just another good one.
Main Material: ABS + Aluminium
Position Sensor: Single Optical Sensor
Number of Buttons on Steering Wheel: 11
- It’s totally made of aluminium so won’t easily break down (great notice for those with anger issues) and looks really classy.
- It’s easy to clean and looks really nice when you build an entirely organized set with peripheral devices (USB, Power, Pedals, Shifter 1, Shifter 2 , Handbrake)
- It perfectly fits in the hand, is really snuggly
- It allows two shifters simultaneously
- Includes a table clamp, allowing a stable and toolless attachment to the gaming desk or table.
The force feedback is quite solid, nice and smooth, working well, the size is easy to handle and allows fast movements and reactions even could say that has a notorious precision, the force feedback is adjustable so you can get comfty even during long driving sessions.
The “Brushless servo motor” delivers up to 6Nm of torque on the steering axis, that’s the reason why it has this smooth effect on the acceleration.
It includes a single belt drive unit that directs power transfer from motor to steering axis and with big ball bearings for lowest friction, from my experience, I didn’t feel any dead spot.
Even when the system is quite simple, you won’t be able to handle it if you don’t read the manual (bad news for many reading-haters)
Through the system settings you can adjust sensitivity of the wheel force feedback, the AVs range, the brake force
- Drive Motor: Brushless Servo Motor
- Drive System: Single gear toothed belt drive
- Drive material: ABS pulleys with ball bearings
- Vibration Motors: Yes (2)
Soft moves, realistic response to movements and “all-close” buttons makes it easy to play and even when some functions don’t totally work with every game, it gives a great gaming experience.
The 90°-1080° rotation isn’t the best I’ve tried but the automatic and manual wheel center calibrating the does is incredibly useful because it isn’t getting out of the axis over and over again.
As I mentioned, such as degrees of rotation, force feedback, vibration, deadzone, linearity, force modifiers, and even adjustments for Fanatec pedals such as ABS and brake force with the new use of the rev lights for brake adjustments (when you actually have pedals) gives it a great plus, what I loved the most is the drift mode, it actually reduces the overall resistance of the wheel and let it turn easily.
- Degrees of rotation: 90°-1080°
- Adjustable: Sensitivity – FFB strength – spring – shock – damper – drift mode – brake force – ABS vibration
Pedals are not included, but as always we recommend you get ones, Fanatec is not a cheap brand, you will need to pay a lot of money for a racing wheel, yet you will get the best in the industry, If you get the point now imagine not getting the all potential if you try to save you some money in pedals. At the end of the day you will be losing your money, or more importantly your “experiences”.
We Recommend: CSL Elite Pedals LC
This is the ultimate racing experience, adding a cockpit is necessary? I might say no to that, Will significantly enhance your racing experience? I might say yes to that. either way, it up to you, But here at Crazyracings we love Fanatec products.
That’s why this time we recommend staying in the Fanatec Eco-system with the state-of-the-art RennSport Cockpit You definitely will need a budget to buy one of this, but at the end of the day will pay off.
- Another affordable option are the well know Playseat products
Platforms & Compatibility
It is specially designed for PC and if you want to use it with your Xbox One, you must get the upgrades (yes, as annoying as it sounds).
It has full compatibility with PC in combination with the included steering wheel and all other available steering wheels.
The compatibility Xbox One can be upgraded with steering wheels an specifies that without any Xbox One licensed steering wheel attached, the wheelbase is NOT compatible with Xbox One.
It is not compatible with any PlayStation console and cannot be upgraded to achieve compatibility.
Connection ports: Shifter1, Shifter2, Pedal, Handbrake
Frequently Ask Questions (FAQ)
How can I find the manual digitized?
The Fanatec website has this download section where you can find Manuals, Drivers and Drilling template for home-printing.
Can any pedals be used?
No, pedals must be “CSL Elite Pedals” otherwise compatibility wouldn’t match.
How does the Steering wheel paddle shifter adjustability help my gaming experience?
Comfort is as important as functionality, that’s why the angle and distance to rim adjustability makes the difference
- Only Racing Wheel || $499.90
- With pedals -> CSL Elite Pedals LC || $699.85
- With pedals and shifter -> ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5 | | $899.80
What does this set include?
- CSL Elite Wheel Base
- Table Clamp
- Power supply (cables: socket to power supply 1,5 m/6 ft.; power supply to wheel base 1,5 m/6 ft)
- USB cable (2 m/6 ft.)
- ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula Black
- Quick Release safety pin for long storage
- Quick Release safety screw for permanent mount
- Quick Guides
- Even when it’s over warming on the first sight, once you get it assembled, you won’t stop driving.
In general, I’d say its price and quality are reasonably related, the compact and elegant design are really attractive facts, the interchangeable steering wheels are easy to handle, the CSL Elite Wheel Base is powerful enough to handle all CSL and ClubSport steering wheels what makes it perfect for the Elite Racing Wheel Formula, it’s easy to mention good things about this product but the lack of pedals butters me a lot, even when the LED display and the light bar are an incredibly exciting addition to the experience, I’d love to try it with my Xbox one with too much to do, I hope they develop an upgrade for compatibility soon.
CSL Elite Racing Wheel Formula for PC549.90
- Looks like a real F1 Car
- telemetric data are awesome
- Table Clamp included (you will need it)
- rev light bar in the Wheel Base
- Only for die-hard Formula cars fanatics
- Can be tricky to configure