Really by far the best PS4 wheel on the market, if you are looking for a toy then this racing wheel is not for you, This CSL Elite is what we can call it a very good upgrade from the Xbox One and PC version of the line, but within a much better and solid package.
The drive is definitely very smooth with powerful, accurate force feedback and more important nowadays, this wheel works flawlessly with many games in the industry.
One key point about this racing wheel is, If you spend the time to get it optimized for your own setup, somehow been able to adjust the telemetrics thing and get it tune, then time will wort the effort, You will get a high sense of realism and performance you had never seen before, Nonetheless if you are just a normal guy (Like most), just plug and play and you will be ready to go do.
If you want to (simrace) and want the full experience as far as seamless control and incredible FFB, you need to buy a solid package like this. The price may be kind of steep for some people, but you’ll see why once you have it in your hands.
The Buyer’s Guide and Review
Last modified: March 30 of 2020.
|Product Type||Racing Wheel|
|Model||CSL E RW PS4 US|
|Editorial Rating||9.3 Starts (Best for PS4)|
|Product Page||CSL Elite Racing Wheel|
Brief Design Overview
This Racing wheel is the accessory PS4 gamers has been waiting for, it looks really good, just like the premium style I like, you can replace all the buttons, light bar into the wheelbase, LED display into the top of the wheel, 12 exchangeable buttons, 2 paddle shifters and 1 joystick for navigating into the internal menú. Materials look really good and elegant for driving sets, the blue stitching adds a classy touch to it, actually looks worth to try
- It has a super-fast steering wheel acceleration which makes it ideal for drifting, precise movements and accelerating changes, in seconds you can see how fast it makes accelerating changes.
- LED Display for speed, current gear, remaining fuel and many other parameters and tuning functions can be shown
- Light bar in the top of the wheel (which is really useful while driving)
- Ideal distribution of the elements (buttons, joysticks, LED display and light bar) so they don’t disturb your screen view.
The wheelbase has a belt drive, which means that the engine has a belt wrapped around the gear as opposed to having gears interlock into another and it results into a very smooth wheel turning action. Really nice to drive, the vibrating is so realistic! Even SIM racing is amazing (once you get pedals of course) but as I mentioned, the game you play with can be the determinant factor between an amazing driving and another one.
It looks good and feels great in the hands
- It’s totally made of aluminum so won’t easily break down (great notice for those with anger issues) and looks really classy.
- It’s easy to clean and looks really nice when you build an entirely organized set of peripheral devices (USB, Power, Pedals, Shifter 1, Shifter 2, Handbrake)
- It allows two shifters simultaneously
- Includes a table clamp, allowing a stable and toolless attachment to the gaming desk or table.
Main Material: ABS + Aluminium
Position Sensor: Single Optical Sensor
Number of Buttons on Steering Wheel: 12
Steering Wheel Diameter: 300 mm
Steering Wheel Grip Material: Perforated genuine leather grips and suede fabric
belt drive is so smooth, by far the best in the market for PS4 enthusiasts, The FFB will make a huge difference in the overall driving experience, definitely stepping up from a T-series setup and a very nice performance improvement. Whit this wheel you can adjust almost everything, Including FFB.
It has internal preset configurations so you can adjust it in case of game changing. The “Brushless servo motor” delivers up to 6Nm of torque on the steering axis, that’s the reason why it has this smooth effect on the acceleration.
The motor with improved electronics is an amazing addition to the overall FFB precision that delivery a strong response and a very strong force feed back.
Even when the system is quite simple, you won’t be able to handle it if you don’t read the manual (bad news for many reading-haters)
Well to remember this, Through the system settings you can adjust the sensitivity of the wheel force feedback, the AVs range, the brake force, etc. even during gameplay. Amazing !, isn’t?
- Drive Motor: New Brushless Servo Motor with improved electronics
- Drive System: Single gear toothed belt drive
- Drive material: ABS pulleys with ball bearings
- Vibration Motors: No
Goes back to the center really fast, The light bar (rev lights) and the LED display (speedometer) doesn’t actually work with some games, that’s a real shame, but Fanatec is really making big efforts in improving as much as they can the compatibility with the most games for the console. Even c
Soft moves, strong and realistic response to movements and “all-close” buttons makes it easy to play and even when some functions don’t totally work with every game, it gives an unrivaled gaming experience.
The 90°-1080° rotation is truly amazing and the automatic and manual wheel center calibrating does is really useful ‘cause it isn’t getting out of the axis over and over again. (even when the process is a little annoying)
Has a DirectSensor on the steering axis to prevent influence of the belt drive on the position sensor
- Degrees of rotation: 90°-1080°
- Adjustable: Sensitivity – FF strength – spring – shock – damper – drift mode (Advances) – brake force – ABS vibration
- Steering wheel paddle shifter adjustability: No / Snapdome™ technology
Pedals are not included in the original packet, but as everything on Fanatec’s eco-system you can add a set of pedals to the system, and we encourage to do so, for the CSL Series if you are middle range gamer with the CSL Elite Pedals LC you will be good to go. If you are a much more advanced user the ClubSport Pedals V3 USA is a better move.
Platforms & Compatibility
It is specially designed for PC and licensed for PS4.
- All PlayStation®4 and PlayStation® Pro systems. PS4™ games which support the wheels advanced functionality include Assetto Corsa, Project Cars, and DiRT 4.
- All upcoming advanced driving simulator games with support of force feedback racing wheels will be compatible.
- This racing wheel is compatible with PC on all major racing games.
Other platforms: Compatibilities to other platforms depend on the used steering wheel. For more information, please check the product page of the steering wheel you plan to use.
- Fanatec ClubSport Handbrake (direct connection to wheel base)
- All Fanatec ClubSport steering wheels
- All Fanatec CSL and CSL Elite steering wheels
- All Fanatec ClubSport, CSR, CSR Elite, CSL and CSL Elite Pedals (adapter cables might be required on pedals without RJ12 connection)
- All Fanatec CSL and ClubSport Shifters (two shifters simultaneously)
- Fanatec ClubSport Static Shifter Paddles
- Mounting on cockpits and wheel stands: 3 hard-mount points on the bottom of the wheelbase. Please refer to the drilling template in the download section for the hole pattern and distances. The hole pattern is identical with the ClubSport Wheel Bases without the angle adapter (3 hard-mount holes). Please take note that the CSL Elite Wheel Base (PS4™ version) hole pattern is NOT compatible with the discontinued CSL Seat.
- Connection ports: Shifter1, Shifter2, Pedal, Handbrake
Frequently Ask Questions (FAQ)
How does the Steering wheel paddle shifter adjustability help my gaming experience?
Comfort is as important as functionality, that’s why the angle and distance to rim adjustability makes the difference
Work on Gran Turismo Sport?
Yes, works great with the Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel
What’s the deferent with the Xbox version?
Many improvements were made in the new version but out the box, the PS4 has a better Motor built-in
Does the CSL elite wheel for ps4 pro come with the paddles?
Unfortunately no, you will need to bay a set of pedals.
Will work with PC?
Yes, This racing wheel is compatible with PC on all major racing games.
Will work with MAC?
No, Fanatec does not support MAC Products.
Does Fanatec CSL elite work on ps5?
Yes, The CSL elite product is compatible with all PS5 consoles.
What does this set include?
- CSL Elite Wheel Base (PS4™ version)
- CSL Elite Steering Wheel P1 (PS4™ version)
- Table clamp
- Table clamp screw with handle
- Power supply unit (cable length: power supply to wheel base 1,5 m/6 ft)
- Power cord (regional) (cable length: socket to power supply 1,5 m/6 ft.)
- USB connection cable (2 m/6 ft.)
- O-Ring (spare for Quick Release shaft)
- Allen key 5mm
- Fixation screw M6 x 18mm (flat head) for simplified Quick Release
- Racing style button caps for CSL Elite Steering Wheel P1 (PS4™ version)
- PS4™ button caps for (optional) ClubSport steering wheels
First of all, its price and quality are reasonably related, this wheel is really powerful and precise enough. The before-use driver installing process is really annoying and the lack of pedals included is a shame, the LED display and the light bar are amazing and exciting for to the experience (with the right game and FFB configuration), I love having it on my PlayStation 4.
If you pass the fun little graphic on each flap of the main box that Fanatec include in every packet, I guarantee you this racing wheel won’t disappoint you.
CSL Elite Racing Wheel (PS4)499.95
- high end, premium Quality & Finish
- Exceptionally Compatibility
- Extensive ability Features
- smooth belt-driven
- Driving with this is a joy
- Fan can get a little loud
- Has to switch to compatibility mode for most PS4 games