Gran Turismo™ DD Pro
With the Gran Turismo DD Pro, Fanatec finally brought the Direct Drive technology to PlayStation Users, adding the branding of probably the most played racing game.
Direct drive means you are getting the force feedback directly from wheel motor, instead than from a “belt”: this is game changing innovation that came in the last couple of years and is massively changing racing games thanks to a more precise output, higher strenght and better durability.
Direct drive is amazing, but had two flaws: compatibility of the products with consoles, and too high prices.
That’s how Fanatec came to our rescue, with their Gran Turismo DD pro bundles that open up to full Playstation compatibility, at good prices.
Clients can opt for 4 different options and bundles:
|Gran Turismo DD Pro Wheelbase 8Nm
|Only wheelbase and steering wheel
|Gran Turismo DD Pro (5 Nm)
|Bundle Wheelbase + steering wheel + base pedals
|Gran Turismo DD Pro (8 Nm)
|Bundle Wheelbase + steering wheel + base pedals
|Gran Turismo DD Pro Premium Bundle
|Bundle Wheelbase + steering wheel + Loadcell pedals
If you are not sure, remember the beauty of the Fanatec ecosystem is that it always offer nice ways to upgrade: you can later buy the boost kit to move from 5 to 8Nm, or add Load Cell to your pedals.
This comes at a (small) cost as for instance, the Load Cell kit is 20$/€ more expensive than buying the same parts within the bundle.
These bundles offer full console and PC compatibility, and a Gran Turismo branded wheel. While we like and used a lot other bundle steering wheels such for instance the CSL P1, this has more buttons and is custom made for the game and PlayStation.
You can order one of the options right away on Fanatec.com, they have recently came back into stock
The Buyer’s Guide and Review
Last modified: July 11th 2023
|Gran Turismo™ DD Pro!
|8.5 Stars / 10
|PlayStation®5 console / PlayStation®4 / PC / Xbox
|Fanatec Gran Turismo DD PRO
Brief Design Overview
- Technology revolution: Introducing the next generation of Direct Drive force-feedback exclusively design for the Gran Turismo title in mind.
- Variety of torques thanks to the new 100% custom-made motor, specifically designed for sim racing.
- 5 or 8Nm of Torque
- Designed by Polyphony Digital.
- Designed for Gran Turismo in mind, but compatible with most games
- Compact and responsive: 280 mm rim diameter and round shape are suitable for a wide variety of vehicles.
- Strong, high-precision, two-pedal set.
PS5: Yes PS4: Yes PS3: No
Xbox: No Xbox Series X: Yes
Note: Compatibility with other platforms depends on the used steering wheel. For more information, please check the product page of the steering wheel you plan to use.
The Gran Turismo DD Pro Wheel Base is compatible with the entire Fanatec ecosystem, including
- All Fanatec Podium Steering Wheels
- All Fanatec ClubSport Steering Wheels
- All Fanatec CSL Steering Wheels
- All Fanatec Pedals
- All Fanatec Shifters
- Fanatec ClubSport Handbrake
- Boost Kit 180 (only for the 8Nm version)
What is included?
- Gran Turismo™ DD Pro direct drive wheelbase
- Steering wheel for Gran Turismo DD Pro
- Pedals for Gran Turismo DD Pro (two-pedal set)
- Table clamp
- 90W power supply (regional)
- 4x T-nuts for rail mount system
- USB cable (Type-C to Type-A)
- RJ12 connection cable for pedals
- Pedal spacers for hard-mounting
- Torx Key
- Quick Guide
Frequently asked questions
What is the difference between the CSL DD and Gran Turismo DD PRO?
The main differences are Playstation compatibility and a different steering wheel if you buy the bundle.
With the Gran Turismo DD PRO you can play with PS, Xbox and PC.
Also, you would have a table clamp included. All, built with the Gran Turismo branding
What about pedals?
We believe it’s better to have a pedal set with Load Cell. This can be, in our opinion, the best way to improve your gaming experience and performance.
You can do that by buying the Loadcell kit, the LC based Gran Turismo Bundle or just buying the Wheel Base and opting for other pedals such as the ClubSport v3
5Nm or 8Nm?
It mostly depends on your budget.
We like 8Nm more (easy, huh?), as 5Nm can be a bit too low, but a lot of users are just fine with the lower torque version. Remember you can always upgrade later to 8Nm by buying the Boost kit
Can I mount it on the table?
Yes, it comes with a table mount included that fits tables up to 60mm, but especially for the 8Nm torque version for better performances we believe it’s better to have a proper rig (or a strong table!) to avoid flex
What’s the point of a bundle?
With a bundle you are “race ready” so you have everything you need to start sim racing. It also allow for some savings as it’s cheaper that buying products separately
Gran Turismo DD PRO699.95
- The first official Direct Drive Wheel for the Gran Turismo™ series
- 5 Nm or 8Nm of Torque
- One bundle that gets you race-ready with an easy install
- White OLED display for Tuning Menu
- Two-pedal set (throttle and brake) included
- Focused on Gran Turismo players mostly
- Basic CSL pedals are not the best, we recommend opting for Loadcell ones