Clubsport Pedals v3 Review
Last set of pedals you’d ever buy, this product delivers a very impressive stability, durability and preciseness than any other pedals in the market. what is remarkable of this marvel is you can definitely adjust the realistic feeling of the pressure-sensitive brake pedal without using any tools.
And more, How cool is this? a vibration motor is installed on the throttle and brake pedals, with this set you can feel for example the tires locking and slipping.
This pedals like other German-engineered are well designed with a high level of precision, the turning point in your buying desition is the brake pedal, so far I think they won’t disappoint you.
The Buyer’s Guide and Review
Last modified: March, 30 of 2020.
|Editorial Rating||5 Starts|
|Ready For||PC / PS4 Ready / Xbox One Ready.|
|Product Page||ClubSport Pedals V3 USA|
Fanatec Clubsport V3 Video.
Brief Design Overview
Every gamer knows that pedals are a very important part when it comes to sim racing, on my initial look I was really impressed with the fit and finish of this product.
The attention to detail that makes it look like art and in turn make the owners want to show their rig off to friends and family and really appreciate the beauty of it; besides, you get a lot of extras with the V3’s, an extra set of Tilton like pedal pads with extenders are included.
Those extenders also work with the flat pedal faces and also get an extra set of stiffer springs for the throttle and clutch this piece is something absolutely worthy of trying.
- The entire assembly is made from CNC machined aluminium and there is no denying that this is a gorgeous piece of gear that looks racy before they’re even hooked up.
- The wide aluminum heelrest acts as the central docking station for the three individual pedal units. (Yes, it’s entirely made of aluminum too).
- The high-resolution pedals include 12-bit resolution and have a pressure-sensitive brake with 90-kilogram load cell sensor.
- There are also two metal rods with plastic spacers included in the LC to prevent any side-to-side movement of the pedals,
- The bump stops for the gas and clutch pedals can be rotated to give you different travel options, you actually feel the power of these pedals
- It features the option to plug directly into a Fanatec CSL/CSW Wheel Base, or to use as a stand-alone USB device.
With an amazing strength and resolution, I’d describe its performing quality as quite solid, a necessary accessory for making your Fanatec gaming experience unforgettable.
These third generations Fanatec ClubSport pedals come with a Turning points of brake and clutch on top side like in real cars, High-resolution pedals with magnetic and contactless sensors on gas and clutch for a long life and maximum performance.
- Pressure-sensitive brake with custom-made 90 kg load cell sensor
- Adjustable brake stiffness and travel without tools
- 12bit resolution on all axis
- Alternative D-shape race plates in curved design
- Pedal extension to adjust the angle of the pedal plate and to change the angle of the whole pedal arm
- Brake sensitivity can be adjusted through the tuning menu of the wheel and during the race
- Vibration motor on throttle pedal indicates rear wheel spin and oversteer (control by games is possible via Fanatec Wheel SDK)
- Vibration motor on the brake pedal to simulate ABS and indicate locking tires (controlled by Fanatec wheels: Compatible to all games. Dynamic control by games is possible via Fanatec Wheel SDK)
The design of the gas pedal -Damper Kit assembled out-of-box at brake, optional damper kit for gas sold separately. The hydraulic dampening resistance can easily be adjusted with a knob
The gas pedal works just fine, its design allows quick exchange of the springs. It’s 12-bits of resolution, with anything above 10 is plenty, and it offers a bit of resistance via the non-upgradable internal spring, but nothing too remarkable, even with some settings, it feels fairly light in terms of pressure
The construction is really solid, (Heavy metal) in most part, Packaged well. definitely a beautiful looking piece of tech with Highest quality materials in the industry. In term of construction if you come from “standard” set of pedals like Thrustmaster you will notice by far the better feel and a huge step up in materials.
- Be careful installing the Tilton pedals as it’s a tight fit behind the pedal upright and you could pull the wires out of the vibration module.
- Overall the performance of the pedals cannot be faulted. And no matter how hard you stamp on the brake pedal there is no fear that it’s either going to be damaged or fail at any time.
- Totally made of long-lasting aluminium, it ensures a great durability even when maintaining pedals clean is really hard, this material is really helpful while cleaning (good reasons for your mom).
- The pedals are quite attractive, in my opinion, and I like the design.
I’m not really tall, so adjustability is like paradise for me, these are the first pedals I’ve tested which are able to move the brake pedal exactly where you want. You get vastly improved adjustability and ease of working on and modifying the pedals to your liking.
It’s super easy to add the extra springs or adjust the pedal stiffness and travel. Moving pedal faces around is quick and easy as well.
I really like the adjustability the extensions offer so I can angle my pedal faces just the way I like them. Not to mention when your kids or siblings come along and ask what does this knob do after you spent time setting it correctly.
Platforms & Compatibility
These set of pedals are compatible with all Fanatec Ecosystem, including the new Fanatec CSL Elite racing wheel ready-made for PS4.
Any Fanatec Wheel Base or Fanatec Racing Wheel with RJ12 Pedals connector. To connect Fanatec Wheels with PS/2 Pedal Socket, you need the additional PS/2 to RJ12 cable.
Compatible with ClubSport Pedals V3 Brake Performance Kit
Compatible with ClubSport Pedals V3 Damper Kit (throttle and brake pedal)
Dedicated plug for the ClubSport Handbrake
No compatible with:
The pedals are not compatible with the ClubSport USB Adapter. Please use the included USB connector (PC only).
If you connect it to a Fanatec Wheel Base / Racing Wheel it will be compatible to all racing games. For that case, please check the compatibility details on the product page of the connected product.
It will work with any racing wheel, also of any other brand (Logitech, Thrustmaster, etc), if the pedals are connected to PC via USB and if the game supports a second controller.
E.g. these PC games support a second USB controller:
- Assetto Corsa
- Project Cars
- GTR 2
- Race 07
- Live for Speed
…and many others
Consoles: This pedal set can be used on gaming consoles, if connected through a Fanatec Wheel Base / Racing Wheel. Please check the information on the product page of the Fanatec product through which they will be connected to the console. It will not work on consoles using the direct USB Connection or a ClubSport USB Adapter.
Frequently Ask Questions (FAQ)
What’s included in the clubsport v3 pedals box?
- ClubSport Pedals V3
- 3x Pedal Extensions
- 3x D-shape pedal plates
- 1x Strong spring throttle (black)
- 1x Strong spring clutch (black)
- 1x RJ12 connection cable (150cm)
- 1x USB connection cable (180cm)
- 1x Lithium grease bottle
- 1x Quick Guide
What does the adjustable 90 kg Load Cell help my gaming experience in?
The custom-made load cell is extremely durable and much more precise as the one in V2. You can apply a realistic and strong pressure and precisely control the brake with muscle tension just like in a real car.
- Only Pedals V3 | | $359.95
The completely new design of the brake allows adjusting the stiffness and travel of the brake pedal without using any tools, next to its power and strength turns this set the best pedals I’ve tried by far.
Of course, it’s not perfect (installing it is quite annoying) but once you got your gaming space ready, you won’t have a life (I’m joking, but really makes you spend most of your time playing sim races) Highly recommended, price and quality are totally worthy.
Buy Fanatec v3
2. Clubsport Pedals V3 inverted
Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V3$359.95
- Vibration motors on gas pedal
- Adjustable brake stiffness
- Optional damper kit for gas and brake
- can adjust the Position of the pedal plates
- Magnetic and contactless sensors on gas and clutch
- Brake Performance Kit not included