Podium Steering Wheel Bentley GT3
This isn´t for sure the first time Fanatec reveals a steering wheel compatible with both, real cars and simracing. In 2020 they revealed the Fanatec BMW M4 GT3 will be compatible with the 2022 M4 GT3 racing car and the Podium Ecosystem in simracing. Now they are back, with a new Steering Wheel developed in partnership with Bentley Motors Limited and Fanatec for use with the real 750 HP Continental GT3 Pikes Peak race car and, you guessed it, Simracing.
This new addition to the Fanatec Ecosystem comes with new and existing technologies never seen in the industry, like the INCREDIBLE 3.4” circular display that surrounds and “dominates” the 310 mm diameter wheel with its distinctive Bently design. A magnesium core, 5 mm-thick carbon fibre front plate with custom green weave, and Alcantara® grips.
A new quick-release (QR2) was added to the product, meeting FIA standards allowing it to connect to the real car and also with Fanatec wheelbases. Isn’t that great? I think it is, feeling you are driving a real steering wheel is such an experience few companies can provide nowadays. This couldn’t be more authentic. It’s the real thing for sure.
Next level in Telemetry, The large, circular display can show game (on demand ) telemetry and other special features like preloaded race telemetry from famous laps, everything through a bespoke interface. You can adjust force-feedback and other hardware settings in the Fanatec Tuning Menu providing a unique experience with this wheel.
Striking timepiece? Not sure what this means but with this new mount (Included) with the racing wheel you will be able to showcase the wheel on either your wall or desk. Can you explain that to me ?, Powered by a USB connection, the wheel can be displayed as a clock inspired by the traditional timepiece found in the Bentley Continental GT.
Vast selection of inputs, including premium snap-dome buttons, two 7-way FunkySwitch™ directional sticks with encoder functionality, two aluminium thumb wheels with optical encoders, and a magnetic shifter and dual-analogue clutch paddle system.
Illumination, A matter of color, One thing all high-level steering wheel have in common is COLOR, They all come with LEDs and flags integrated into the wheel, and the Bentley wheel is not the exception, the wheel comes from factory with a bunch of Integrated RevLEDs and FlagLEDs all programmable to display many colors through FanaLab. The eight primary buttons attract the eye with a special backlit surround that brings all the color magic into action.
Optional grip (included), Optional lower handle, I like this new feature, the Bentley comes with an “adaptable grip” that lets you shape a lower rim section especially thinking for some types of tracks and roads. This helps when applying an extra steering lock around tight corners. A new nice addition for sure, Reshape a wheel is a new level of optimization and reuse for multiple road types and racing styles.
The Buyer’s Guide and Review
Last modified: June 23 of 2021.
|Product Type||Steering Wheel|
|Ready For||Information not avaible|
|Product Page||Podium Bently GT3|
Brief Design Overview
- Developed in partnership with Bentley Motors Limited (Simultaneously for both the real Pikes Peak race car and for sim racing)
- 310 mm diameter wheel
- INCREDIBLE 3.4” display (The spectacular circular display dominates the front face)
- Stunning forged carbon bezel and CNC-machined aluminium rotaries with signature Bentley knurling.
- Magnesium core
- 5 mm-thick carbon fibre front plate with custom green weave
- Alcantara® grips
- The quick release (QR2) meets FIA standards
- New way on game telemetry (preloaded race telemetry from famous laps -showing pedal and steering inputs, gear changes, G-meter, and a track map. )
- Can be mount on either your wall or desk
- Premium snap-dome buttons
- Two 7-way FunkySwitch™
- Directional sticks with encoder functionality
- Two aluminium thumb wheels with optical encoders
- Magnetic shifter and dual-analogue clutch paddle system
PS5: Yes PS4: Yes PS3: Yes
Xbox: Yes Xbox Series X: Yes
Wheel Base Compatibilities
- List of wheel base compatibilities
What is included?
- Pikes Peak Grip
- Aluminium, USB-powered desk/wall mount
- Integrated USB-C port for firmware updates (cable included)
- Sticker set with 50 labels included
- Robust travel case included
Product 1 VS Product 2
|Paddle shifter adjustability:|
|Joystick/ Vibration Motor|
|GRAB YOUR PRODUCT:|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
FAQ Number #1
Answer number 1
FAQ Number #1
Answer number 2
Groundbreaking product! , It’s clear to me that the German Company is trying to close the gap between simulation and reality. One thing we know, this new product will feed a High-End demand audience with depth pockets. It will certainly not be cheap by any means. Any product with a Bentley logo on it won’t be cheap, and there are no reasons this one will.
And you ?, What do you think about this new product? How much do you think will cost? or do you think is an over-limits partnership for the sim racing gaming?
Podium Steering Wheel Bentley GT30.00
- Eight snap-dome buttons with 900 g activation force
- Backlit button surrounds
- Paddle design based on the Bentley Continental GT shift paddles
- Dual-core ARM Cortex-A7 microprocessor @800Mhz
- Interchangeable button caps (compatible with the Button Cap and Sticker Set)