Fanatec ClubSport Steering Wheel Porsche 918 RSR Review
This steering wheel is a curious case or a mystery ( solved ) case, Let me explain myself, this rim looks like a 2020 rim but actually is one of the oldest products produce by Fanatec, is form early 2014, yet looks newer than many rims from the Fanatec’s inventory. I really enjoy that, because this rim looks and feel like a real race version of the latest Porsche supercar: the Porsche 918 RSR made with high performing materials like carbon fiber or Aluminum.
This steering wheel is a very authentic replica of the steering wheel used in one of the most powerful race cars in the world, the Porsche 918 RSR race car. It comes from factory with real carbon fiber, brushed aluminum, beautiful brown leather, and integrated shift light indicators.
It’s one of my favorite rim in the Fanatec Inventory, I’m not sure but the rev meter bar integrated in the top section of the rim must be one of the first rim showing telemetry data this way.
The Buyer’s Guide and Review
Last modified: November 23 of 2020.
|Product Type||Steering Wheel|
|Model||Porsche 918 RSR|
|Ready For||PC / PS4 Ready|
|Product Page||Clubsport Porsche 918 RSR|
Official video from Fanatec
Brief Design Overview
- Finest race technology
- Adjustable and detachable shifter paddles
- Quick-release system
- Maximum performance
- Reduced weight
- Telemetry display
- Exact replica
Full List Of Features
- Replica of the steering wheel used in the race version of the latest Porsche supercar: Porsche 918 RSR .
- Officially licensed by Porsche
- The realistic diameter of 320 mm allows precise maneuvers and smooth driving
- Durable construction fully made of metal
- Wheel rim made of genuine automotive grade leather.
- Steering wheel weight: approx. 1690g (subject to production changes)
- 11 Buttons plus two paddle shifter buttons with ultra-reliable switches
- Analog joystick to look around in the cockpit or to map with any other axis
- 7-way Encoder switch to change settings: Turn left; turn right; move left, right, up and down; push (active in Tuning menu and compatible with any PC game)
- Two vibration motors integrated to the wheel rim, controllable through wheel tuning menu (sho) or by game through Fanatec SDK
- LED bar integrated into rim to show motor RPM
- LED display to show telemetry functions. Works with several popular PC games like iRacing or rFactor
- Adjustable and detachable paddle shifters completely made of metal. Adjust position, angle, distance to rim and travel of the paddles
- Tuning functions with LED display to adjust settings independent from the game and during gameplay (see description of compatible wheel base/racing wheel for details)
PS5: No PS4: No PS3: No
Xbox: No Xbox Series X: No
Wheel Base Compatibilities
- All PODIUM Wheel Bases (including PODIUM Racing Wheel F1® PS4™)
- All ClubSport Wheel Bases
- All CSL Elite Wheel Bases (including CSL Elite Racing Wheel – officially licensed for PS4™)
Note: It is not compatible with the CSR Elite Wheel
What is included?
- Porsche RSR steering wheel
- Quick Guide
- Safety pin for long storage
- Safety screw for permanent mount
Porsche 918 RSR vs Porsche 911 GT3
|Porsche 918 RSR||Porsche 911 GT3|
|Platform:||PC, PS4 Ready||PC, PS4 Ready, XBox One|
|Display:||3 digits LED||2.7″ 256×64 OLED|
|Paddle shifter adjustability:||Angle, Detacheable, Distance to rim, Travel, Width||–|
|Joystick/ Vibration Motor||Yes (2)||–|
Nice rim, I like it, looks really real in brown leather with the addition of the telemetric and RPM LEDs in the wheel made the difference for me, the size and design are really the same like in the Porsche 918 RSR, I wondering my self what kind for game suit better this RIM and GT is always my to-go game.
Fanatec ClubSport Steering Wheel Porsche 918 RSR399.95
- Officially licensed by Porsche
- Genuine automotive grade brown leather (THE BEST)
- Integrate component ( not a bundle )
- Just 1690g
- For a niche , Die-hard Porsche Fans only
- Not compatible with Xbox and PS4