CSL Elite Steering Wheel McLaren GT3 V2 Review
NEW NEW Steering Wheel on the town !! , In theory, is a refinement from the old Mclaren GT3 Steering Wheel, (let’s call it the V1 Version), Yet this one is full of new cool improvements and features.
Once again we found a clear path that Fanatec is taking with their new wheels, Make them as possible as an exact replica of the real racing wheel car, this time was not an exception on the Mclaren GT3 V2. Including the full-size, detailed reproduction of the steering wheel used in McLaren GT3 race cars, The overall shape, as well as the size of the switches, paddles, and dials, are based on original McLaren CAD data.
Regardless of the not too many improvements in the exterior design ( That looks almost identical to the V1 version ), We expect big things with this new release for one reason, this Steering Wheel comes at a very good price in the pre-order state, just 200$ for a very good steering wheel full of functionalities.
If you are thinking of upgrading your old Xbox or PS4 system this is a nice addition for your new setup as well, at least if you are an F1 or GT3 Die-hard lover.
The Buyer’s Guide and Review
Last modified: November 24 of 2021.
|Product Type||Steering Wheel|
|Model||McLaren GT3 V2|
|Ready For||PC / Xbox / PS Ready|
|Product Page||McLaren GT3 V2 Product Page|
Fanatec CSL Elite Steering Wheel McLaren GT3 V2 Video Guide
Brief Design Overview
The CSL Elite Steering Wheel McLaren GT3 V2 is a refinement of the original, with redesigned electronics for improved performance and durability. The fourth rotary encoder of the real GT3 wheel is replaced by a white, 1” OLED display. The shifting mechanism is completely revised, with a longer throw and magnetic resistance for superior tactile feedback. The rocker-type paddle is made from a single piece of anodised aluminium, allowing up and down-shifting with one hand.
- Full-scale replica ( Officially licensed by McLaren Automotive Limited )
- Refined Design (The CSL Elite Steering Wheel McLaren GT3 V2 is a refinement of the original)
- Officially Licensed for Xbox ®
- Realistic magnetic shifters, multi-purpose paddle system
- Never Miss a Shift ( shifting mechanism is completely revised )
- Multi-Functional Analogue Paddles
- Racing ergonomics enhanced
- Multi-Position Switches with rotary encoder functionality
- TOOL-FREE Simplified quick release
PS5: Yes PS4: Yes PS3: No
Xbox: Yes Xbox Series X: Yes
Xbox: If connected with this steering wheel, the above-mentioned wheelbases will be compatible with Xbox One® and Xbox Series X|S.
PC and other platforms: The specifications of the compatible wheel bases will remain unchanged.
The functionality of this product on Xbox or PlayStation can be limited by the capabilities of the console (subject to firmware/OS changes and developer support).
The full functionality can only be guaranteed on PC; this is also game-dependent.
Wheel Base Compatibilities
- ClubSport Wheel Base V2
- ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5
- CSL Elite Wheel Base
- CSL Elite Wheel Base V1.1
- CSL Elite Wheel Base + officially licensed for PS4™
- Podium Wheel Base DD1
- Podium Wheel Base DD2
- Podium Racing Wheel F1® (Podium Wheel Base DD1 PS4™)
Perfect for games like Assetto Corsa and Assetto Corsa Competizione, and Automobilista 2, However, games like F1 2020 Also Fit wonderfully.
- Asseto Corsa / Assetto Corsa Competizione
- Automobilista 2
- F1 2020
What is included?
- CSL Elite Steering Wheel McLaren GT3 V2
- Racing-style button caps
- McLaren-style sticker set
- Simplified Quick Release Adapter (preinstalled)
- Quick Guide
CSL McLaren GT3 V2 VS CSL McLaren GT3 V1
McLaren GT3 V2
McLaren GT3 V1
|Price:||$199,95||( Not available )|
|Platform:||PC, PS4 Ready, XBox One|
|Diameter:||300 mm diameter|
|Display:||1”, 128 x 64 resolution OLED display (white)|
|Quick-release:||Tool-Free ( quick release )|
|Paddle shifter adjustability:||Four switchable modes
|Joystick/ Vibration Motor||–|
|Grip material:||Overmolded rubber grips (like the original GT3 wheel) with 50 Shore A hardness|
|GRAB YOUR PRODUCT:||
McLaren GT3 V1
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
It’s the same steering wheel as the V1?
We think not, this steering wheel comes with redesigned electronics in mind, truly a 1:1 reproduction of the real racing car McLaren 720S GT3, McLaren itself supplied Fanatec with the CAD data for its real-world product.
What are the main differences?
- New Simplified Quick Release system ( no tools necessary), just use your hands to switch wheels.
- Revised shifting mechanism ( it’s possible to shift up or down with just one hand )
- New 12-way rotary switches
- New OLED information display
We are very glad McLaren GT3 wheel is back, if you’re a loyal fan of the German brand, this steering wheel might just look a little familiar for you. Fanatec describes it as a refinement of the original, with redesigned electronics.
There’s a number of changes from the previous model. Firstly, the V2 features the new Simplified Quick Release system. Players can swap the wheel on and off the wheelbase by hand, with no tools.
In addition, there’s a revised shifting mechanism, the bite-point mode that allows you to determine the optimal bite-point before the start of the race and initiate the perfect launch every time.
The CSL Elite Steering Wheel McLaren GT3 V2 is fully licensed for Xbox One and Xbox Series consoles but can be used as well with your new PS console and PC.
- CSL Elite Mclaren GT3 V1 ( Not available )
CSL Elite Steering Wheel McLaren GT3 V2199.95
- Full-scale replica of a McLaren GT3 Steering Wheel
- Officially licensed for Xbox One® and Xbox Series X|S
- Two analogue paddles with reinforced honeycomb pattern
- New tool-free Simplified Quick Release Adapter design
- New OLED display
- Almost the same look design