Fanatec Handbrake Review
The Buyer’s Guide and Review
Last modified: March 30 of 2020.
|Model||CS HB V1.5|
|Handbrake V 1.5||Include|
|Editorial Rating||5 Starts|
Brief Design Overview
Every sim racing lover knows how unhandy it is to assign a button on the wheel to work as a handbrake, (or even worse) use other accessories as a handbrake besides it doesn’t work actually good, it takes away a lot o the realism quote on the racing.
This handbrake is quite nice, if you’ve ever tried a Fanatec gear before, you surely know how well packaged it comes; with simple back design and a specific size which works incredibly fine with the Shifter SQ V1.5.
Quick Review: This handbrake is potentiometer based and provides an analog input (When it comes to rallying or drifting, an analog handbrake is a must to get the most out of your experience) , this nice product can be connected via the Fanatec Clubsport v2 or V3 pedals ( The cable is included) and can be mount either horizontally or vertically.
- A very realistic size as seen in racing and rally cars
- A really comfortable soft foam grip on top
- You can choose between mounting the lever either horizontal like in a sports car or vertical like in a race car.
- Really easy to connect to other pieces of your sim racing set, but you need to think very well where are you attaching it into so you don’t have to move it so often.
- Nice and easy to clean (yes, I know your mom loves Fanatec by now)
This product is a Realistic replica of a handbrake used for drifting in race or rally cars, full of metal with a made-to-last construction. It can be used in console and is fully compatible with mayor Simracing games.
- Comes with a strong and nice resistance adds realism to the brake itself which adds immersion for drifting
- You may need some practice time to get used and realize that it’s very precise and has a very quick response
- It’s entirely made of metal and assures a perfect design. Its impressive weight also testifies durability and reliability as a sign of Fanatec’s usual quality and classy aspect.
- It’s pretty easy to disassemble it in order to switch it for a racing or standard style, the only difficulty could be getting the Allen key to removing the pieces for moving the actual handbrake piece (I attached it to my shifter and works great for me).
Functionality and Feeling
As I mentioned, its design is so amazing I’d even dare to say it adds a lot of confidence to the driver, getting used to it takes a little while but once you’ve gotten familiarized you’ll love how exciting it is to drive into rallies and drifting like never before.
The foam grip does really helps a lot for your hands to feel safe while moving into one or another accessory.
Platforms & Compatibility
I love this part, you can actually use it with everything, well… almost everything.
The website specifies that, for operating the ClubSport Handbrake you must connect it with either one of the following products:
- ClubSport Pedals V2 / V3 / V3 inverted
- CSL Elite Pedals LC/Loadcell Kit
- CSL Elite Wheel Base
- CSL Elite Racing Wheel – officially licensed for PS4™
- ClubSport Wheel Base V1 / V2 / V2.5 on the pedal port using the included handbrake adapter
- ClubSport USB Adapter (optional!): with the adapter, you can use it on PC with any racing wheel of any brand in many games. For more details, see the product page of the ClubSport USB Adapter
- The ClubSport Handbrake V1.5 will work in most PC games, if connected to a Fanatec product with handbrake port.
- When about consoles we talk; the ClubSport Handbrake V1.5 can be used on gaming consoles in games that support analog handbrakes, if connected through a Fanatec Wheel Base/Racing Wheel. Please check the information on the product page of the Fanatec product through which it will be connected to the console. It will not work on consoles using the ClubSport USB Adapter.
Frequently Ask Questions (FAQ)
- ClubSport Handbrake V1.5
- 3.5mm stereo jack to CSP V2 main PCBA cable (~3 m/9.8 ft) to connect to ClubSport Pedals V2
- 3.5mm stereo jack to RJ12 cable (~3 m/9.8 ft) to connect to Fanatec Devices with RJ12 Pedal Port, e.g. ClubSport USB Adapter / ClubSport Pedals V3 / CSL Elite Wheel Base
- ClubSport Handbrake Adapter to ClubSport Wheel Base V1 / V2 / V2.5
- Quick Guide
May I use two handbrakes at the same time?
No, it’ is not possible to use two handbrakes at the same time while driving.
How do I connect it to my pedals?
Just need to remove the bottom plates so you can be able to connect it to the pedals’ circuit board. if you want to connect the handbrake via USB you will need the direct to USB adapter.
- Optional: ClubSport USB Adapter – $ $19.95 – Check Price
- Optional: ClubSport Handbrake Clamp Adapter – $14.95 – Check Price
- Only ClubSport Handbrake V1.5 | | $129.95
Many gamers say it’s not a necessary accessory and it may be the truth but rally racers won’t agree with that, having this just next to the wheel (as I like) or in the position you feel more comfortable with is priceless.
Really specific and precise is definitely a must-have for drifters and rally lovers, with a good relation price-value you’ll never regret adding this to your racing set.