Fanatec Podium Steering Wheel Nascar Review
Another day another Wheel, today we´re going to talk about the Podium Steering Wheel Nascar, one of the first nascar licensed wheels provided by the German manufacturer Fanatec, is a bundle of the Podium Hub and the Podium Wheel Rim NASCAR made in brushed, anodised aluminum and covered in genuine alcantara leather, really compact and strong is the best way to mount a wheel rim without additional buttons.
Whit his 35cm diameter is perfect for Nascar lovers who want to feel like driving a modern Nascar vehicle, it doesn’t have button clusters and shifter modules connected, comes with an Overall weight of 1572 g (rim only), 1625 g (with metal hub cover), 1763 g (with soft hub cover), ¿the bad side? Without revlights and only for PC, PS4 Ready.
The Buyer’s Guide and Review
Last modified: March 23 of 2020.
|Product Type||Steering Wheel|
|Editorial Rating||3.5 Stars|
|Ready For||PC, PS4 Ready|
|Product Page||Product Page|
Brief Design Overview
- Three-spoke aluminium wheel rim with a 35 cm diameter
- Genuine Alcantara grip
- Genuine Alcantara hub cover with embroidered NASCAR logo
- Metal hub cover with embossed Fanatec ‘F’ signet
- Gold anodised aluminium monocoque
- Ultra-sturdy and lightweight space frame design
Xbox One: No
Wheel Base Compatibilities
- PODIUM Wheel Base DD1
- PODIUM Wheel Base DD2
- PODIUM Racing Wheel F1® PS4™
- ClubSport Wheel Base V2*
- ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5
- CSL Elite Wheel Base*
- CSL Elite Wheel Base V1.1*
- CSL Elite Racing Wheel – officially licensed for PS4
- CSL Elite Wheel Base + – officially licensed for PS4
- Podium Wheel Rim NASCAR
- Metal hub cover
- Mounting bolts
- Podium Hub (including ClubSport Quick Release Adapter)
- Only Racing Wheel | | $299.95 (Update)
After doing a lot of research and try it for myself it was clear how good is the Nascar steering wheel, with an average to good performance offers a realistic experience to the user but, is it worth it? To use it in Ps4 will be necessary to switch to a different steering wheel with PS button functionality in order to sign in or to change tuning menu settings, works if you already own a wheel and that’s a turn-off, is really annoying to switch wheels just for change something in the menu. If you really really are deeply in love with Nascar splurge in this but otherwise don’t do it.