Fanatec ClubSport Steering Wheel Universal Hub V2 for XBOX Review
Endless customization is what you can achieve with this HUB, It was created with personalization in mind, the enormous amount of setups are unlimited, I have reviewed a lot of product these years but can’t find one that can be used or ( adapt ) in so many ways like this HUB, Basically, you can attach any wheel rim you want in the Xbox Ecosystem including the new Xbox Serie.
The purpose of this product is to function as a button panel and a shifter paddle holder for any Clubsport Wheel in the Fanatec Ecosystem.
The universal hub is pre-configured for the GT rim but you can change the button layout to your own preference. The button caps can be changed easily to racing style button caps, with symbols that match the most popular functions you need during a race.
One thing I concern is the installation process, in order to change RIMs you need to un-attach the from panel in the HUB to be able to adapt the new wheel, this can take some time but I think ones you figure out how to do it is not that hard, and all you need comes from factory including the Set of screws.
The Buyer’s Guide and Review
Last modified: April 09 of 2022.
|Product Type||Racing Wheel Accessories|
|Model||Universal HUB V2|
|Ready For||PC / Xbox / PS4 Ready|
|Product Page||Clubsport HUB For Xbox|
Brief Design Overview
- Limitless Compatibility
- Adds Xbox One® and Xbox Serie X Compatibility
- Future Proof
- Attach any rim you want
- One for all
- Use real race car steering wheels
- Unlimited customization
- Adjustable button elements
- Free choice of shifter paddles
PS5: Yes PS4: Yes PS3: No
Xbox: Yes Xbox Series X: Yes
Wheel Base Compatibilities
- CSL DD
- CSL Elite Wheel Base
- CSL Elite Wheel Base V1.1
- CSL Elite Wheel Base + – officially licensed for PS4™
- CSL Elite Racing Wheel – officially licensed for PS4™
- ClubSport Wheel Base V2
- ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5
- PODIUM Wheel Base DD1
- PODIUM Wheel Base DD2
- PODIUM Racing Wheel F1® PS4™
Steering Wheel Compatibility
Full list of Features
- Enables Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S compatibility on all connected Fanatec hardware
- Can be used with all Fanatec wheel rims and all third-party rims using the 6 x 70 mm or 3 x 50 mm bolt pattern (e.g. Sparco, MOMO, OMP)
- Fully assembled and pre-configured to mount the Fanatec Wheel Rim GT (or similar)
- ClubSport Magnetic Paddle Module preinstalled
- Additional spacers to adjust distance of shifter paddles to wheel rim
- Paddle module easily upgradable to Podium Advanced Paddle Module (optional)
- Detachable button caps with Xbox symbols, interchangeable with the included racing-style button caps
- 16 integrated buttons on top of the hub
- Four button clusters with three buttons each
- 7-way FunkySwitch™: left, right, up, and down directional inputs, push button, and rotary encoder functionality
- Tuning Menu button for instant access to force feedback and other Fanatec hardware adjustments
- Three-digit LED display for Tuning Menu functions and telemetry data from compatible games or third-party software. It can be installed in two positions: upright or flat
- Shifter paddle units, button clusters, and FunkySwitch can be removed to save weight
- DataPort-C connector for Podium Button Module Endurance (optional)
- Allows the use of third-party USB steering wheels on all compatible Fanatec bases (direct USB connectivity is not possible)
- An additional fifth button cluster can be attached (not included)
- Weight: out-of-the-box configuration approx. 705 g (1000 g with QR1 Wheel-Side) plus wheel rim
What is included?
- ClubSport Universal Hub V2 For Xbox
- 4 x button clusters with three buttons each
- 2 x small levers and 2 x long levers
- 1 x FunkySwitch™
- LED display
- ClubSport Magnetic Paddle Module with aluminum shift plates (pre-installed)
- Large and small circuit boards, screws and spacers
- QR1 Wheel-Side (ClubSport Quick Release Adapter), packed separately
- Security pin for long-term storage
- Security screw for permanent mounting on the wheel base
- Set of screws
- Racing style keycaps
- ‘F’ FunkySwitch™ sticker
- Quick start Guide
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Do Fanatec Wheels comes with HUB?
Yes they do, Fanatec supplied the HUB with the wheel, and depending on the series you will get the Universal Hub for Xbox or the Playstation version. This is very nice for people like you and me looking for a wheel “ready to drive” and with all the components you need. if you are a more advanced user or “specialist enthusiast”, the additional price on these add-ons like the Universal HUB can make the difference ( for bad ) in your ecosystem inventory.
Can I Use Any Fanatec Wheel?
With the Universal HUB for Xbox and Playstation you can use ( any wheel rims and all third-party rims using the 6 x 70 mm or 3 x 50 mm bolt pattern (e.g. Sparco, MOMO, OMP).
Perfect adapt for GT Rims but can be used in any Xbox one and PC rim, The materials are really good, the feeling and sound the shifter paddle made are nice, the customization is almost endless in this HUB, you can setup your steering wheel in any imaginable position, adjusting buttons, shifter paddles and led panel.
The only side you need to consider is ( installation process ) can take some time to adjust everything the way you like in your steering wheel.
For regular Xbox Users, this HUB comes from factory in many steering wheels like the Brand New Clubsport R300 serie, and GT.
Worth the money? If you buy this product as a stand-alone product you will need 350$ buck, for the same money you can acquire a full steering wheel ( The hub and the rim ) at almost the same price, like the Clubsport GT Alcantara.
Fanatec ClubSport Steering Wheel Universal Hub V2 for XBOX369.95
- Can attach literally any rim with a 6 x 70 mm or 3 x 50 mm mounting pattern
- Customization is almost endless
- Can use shifter paddlers as you like or even don't use them at all.
- improved electronics, magnetic shifters, and an exchangeable quick release system.
- Tuning Menu access.
- Tricky to install
- Better buy in bundle, not at a stand-alone product
- You have better-LED technologies on other products