Best for High-level enthusiasts looking for a product with supreme engineering and well design in mind, this great bundle is an exact replica of a BMW M3 GT2 race car + the new Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5.
This masterpiece will bring performance and reliability to your drive, alongside the precise maneuvers and smooth driving, all combine with the telemetry displays technology, will suddenly bring you superior performance and more important a (fun) never seen before.
If you are a big fan of titles like Dirt Rally or Forza Horizon this racing wheel could be a very good option for you.
The Buyer’s Guide and Review
Last modified: January 18 of 2021.
|Product Type||Racing Wheel|
|Model||CSW V2.5 RW BMW|
|Editorial Rating||9.0 Starts|
|Ready For||PC / XBox ONE Ready / Xbox Series X|
|Product Page||ClubSport Racing Wheel BMW GT2|
Brief Design Overview
BMW has always been a classy sign of elegance and distinction, can you imagine this feeling of driving a steering wheel just as used in BMW cars? I mean it’s officially licensed by BMW!, distinguished will be your middle name in front of this amazing tool, an exact replica of a BMW M3 GT2 Rim which includes eleven buttons, two paddle shifter buttons, a 360° movement joystick a rotary encoder and a LED Display, very functional for internal menu controlling.
- The Alcantara soft leather feels warm and smooth and gives excellent grip
- The design gives security and sustainability while driving
- LED Display for speed, current gear, remaining fuel, internal menu controlling, and many other parameters
- and tuning functions can be shown
- Lightbar under the LED display, awesomely complementing its functions
- The thing about paddle shifter buttons is that they can feel hard to reach on the firsts drivings.
- The quick-release gives you the option of exchange Steering Wheels during gameplay
- Supports the two vibration motors integrated on the wheel
- If you are a sim race lover, You’ll need a set of pedals and it’s’ not included
- Ideal distribution of the elements (buttons, joysticks, LED display and light bar) so they don’t disturb your screen view.
- 5 preset configuration you can choose for improving your game experience
Fanatec ClubSport BMW GT2 Wheel
You cant not simply make a review of the Fanatec ClubSport Racing Wheel BMW GT2 without mention the not so young anymore Fanatec ClubSport BMW GT2 Wheel, yet one of the best sellers of all time on the Fanatec Ecosystem. The reasons are a no-brainer for me, the rim comes with high-quality materials, bright rev lights and LED display, nice weight, Just 2120g, not that much right? and what stands the most the sense in your hand that you are grapping a real racing wheel. If you need more insight on this RIM don’t hesitate and read our full review here BMW GT2 Wheel
It’s the better choice for those who drive most often regular street and GT cars, actually a classy addition for your gaming experience, the vibrating and responding times are incredible, buttons, joysticks and LED display looks amazing and are totally functionals, even when its not made for F1 racings, it has a great drifting response for extreme driving lovers. Setting the linearity option OFF will make the wheel having an exact response to your movements, otherwise it will make some resistance to it.
Main Material: CNC Machined Aluminum
Position Sensor: Dual Magnetic Hall
Number of Buttons on Steering Wheel: 11
- This wheel rim is made of genuine Italian-made Alcantara®.
- It’s easy to clean (your mom will be really thankful) and provides a sensational grip
- Looks great when you build an entirely organized set of peripheral devices (USB, Power, Pedals, Shifter 1, Shifter 2, Handbrake)
- It allows two shifters simultaneously
- It has a double fan cooling system
- It doesn’t include a table clamp, You need to mount it with screws to a cockpit or buy the optional ClubSport Table Clamp
ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 (Force Feedback)
The force feedback is nice and smooth, The Brushless servo motor delivery a well responding and fast set of movements and reactions. The force feedback is adjustable, you can perfectly feel the engine vibration.
The “Brushless servo motor” delivers up to 8Nm of torque on the steering axis, that’s the reason why it has this smooth effect on the acceleration.
It includes a single belt drive unit that directs power transfer from motor to steering axis, One thing to mentions is, Even when the “driving telemetry adjustments” are quite simple, you won’t be able to handle it if you don’t read the manual (bad news for many reading-haters)
Through the system settings you can adjust sensitivity of the wheel force feedback, the AVs range, the brake force
The maximum FFB percent setting I recommend for having the maximum response without the pedals is 70%
- Drive Motor: Brushless Servo
- Drive System: Two multi-v-ribbed belts
- Drive material: CNC machined Aluminum pulleys with ball bearings
- Vibration Motors: In Steering Wheel
Soft moves, realistic and fast response to movements. The 90°- 900° rotation works really fine, Is not an incredible rotation but works well. The automatic and manual wheel center calibrating is a notorious plus, other wheels are getting out of the axis over and over again.
Need to admit that the simulate ABS vibration in the steering wheel and on pedals (when you get those) with rumble motor are totally nuts; the vibration motors can be used by a game directly or by the ABS function, the right game with the right configuration will blow your mind
Putting all together, degrees of rotation, force feedback, vibration, the lack of deadzone, axis linearity, force modifiers, ABS and brake force with the use of the LED display lights for internal adjustments gives it a smiling face for this BMW racing wheel.
- Degrees of rotation: 90°-900°
- Adjustable: Sensitivity – FFB strength – spring – shock – damper – drift mode ( Advances) – brake force – ABS vibration
This Racing Wheel doesn’t come with pedals from the factory defaults, you will need to buy them separately, but if you think harder, after paying 900 dollars for a wheel and not getting the all potential you can get, suddenly 400 us is not that much.
I mean It wouldn’t make sense to use a $900 racing wheel with not pedals, right? , But don´t get me wrong you can use your shifter paddles as a shifter, of course, actually, many of you guys don´t use pedals a lot. In the overall want increasing racing experience using pedals are a nice way to do that.
Recommend: ClubSport Pedals V3
Platforms & Compatibility
It is specially designed for PC, but if you want to use it with your Xbox One, you must get the upgrades (yes, as annoying as it sounds).
PS5: NO PS4: NO PS3: NO
Xbox: Yes Xbox Series X: Yes
- It has full compatibility with PC in combination with the included steering wheel and all other available steering wheels from Fanatec.
- The compatibility for Xbox One can be upgraded with the universal hub for Xbox, the wheelbase is NOT compatible with Xbox One.
- This racing wheel It is not compatible with any PlayStation console and cannot be upgraded to achieve compatibility.
- Connection ports: Shifter1, Shifter2, Pedal, Data
Frequently Ask Questions (FAQ)
How many shifters can I use?
You can play 2 shifters simultaneously
Can any pedals be used?
No, pedals must be Fanatec:
- Work with all Fanatec Pedals
Otherwise, compatibility wouldn’t match.
Works for Mac lovers?
No, Unfortunately Fanatec products do not support Mac.
Works in PS4 and PS5?
No, this base is only compatible with Xbox and PC.
What does this set include?
- ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5
- Quick guide(s)
- Power supply (~3+1.5 m/9.8+4.9 ft.)
- USB cable (~2 m/6 ft.)
- 2x RJ12 (male) – PS/2 (female) adapter cable (~50cm/1.6 ft.)
- 20° mounting adapter incl. screws (pre-mounted)
- ClubSport Steering Wheel BMW GT2
- Safety pin for long storage
- Safety screw for permanent mount
Fanatec BMW M3 GT2 wheel rim for Clubsport base is an actual extract from the real BMW M3 GT2 race car, it’s a high-quality product, totally made of metal it’s amazingly built, looks perfect, it’s actually impossible to go more real than this. If racing for BMW is your passion, or you’re passionate about all BMW lines then you should think getting one of these.
Even when this is a great line product, the fact of not including pedals (which installing can be really hard for some of us) nor base clamp for comfortable installing, makes you consider it over again.
ClubSport Racing Wheel BMW for PC849.90
- An exact replica of a BMW M3 GT2 race car
- Tuning functions with LED display
- Adjustable and Detachable Shifter Paddles
- different configurations options buttons including an (analog joystick)
- Powerful ClubSport Wheel Base
- Made only for VMW fans in mind.
- It’s not compatible with PS4 or MAC
- Price is a handbrake for most people