Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V3 inverted Review
Born from demand, the CSP V3 Inverted was released to cover a need, many often sim racer asked how they could invert their CSP V3 or V2 sets or even inquired if there was an upgrade kit available, but actually Fanatec didn’t have a simple answer for them, What they did was looked at all the possible solutions and decided a conversion kit was not an option because it would be complicated to assemble. In order to deliver a quality solution, Fanatec introduced the new ClubSport Pedals V3 (i). The added letter i stands for “inverted” meaning the pedals are hanging down instead of being mounted on the floor.
The Club Sport Pedals V3 Inverted unit is designed as two hanging pedals and one floor-mounted pedal, as opposed to the more common pedals systems like T3PA-PRO add-on which invert all three pedals. they did not just invert the original CSP V3 set, but re-designed the CSP V3i to feature exactly the same ergonomics as in a sports car.
The clubsport V3 inverted comes with a resistance-adjustable ClubSport Damper Kit on the brake pedal that adds a hydraulic feeling to the braking action, this with the aim to emulate the mechanical resistance a real car has on the brake, And can be attached to the brake or gas pedal if you like.
worth noting can be easily adjusted quickly and without tools. ( It’s toolless) , You can increase or decrease the damping to fit your personal preference in just a couple of seconds.
The Buyer’s Guide and Review
Last modified: August 24 of 2020.
|Ready For||PC / PS4 Ready / Xbox One Ready|
|Product Page||Fanatec Clubsport Pedals V3 Inverted|
Brief Design Overview
Club Sport Pedals V3 Inverted pro pedal set
In overall they look really similar to the standard V3 but upside down. ( But they are not) This set comes with the damper kit ( pre-installed ) and that is 70$ upgrade for the V3. The design aspect really covers a need on the sim racing environment for a high-professional and good looking set of pedals at the same time, before Fanatec introduce the Standard pedals were not too much where to chose from. These are mostly made of metal heavy duty and very realistic.
Completely made of metal black anodized aluminum, to be more specific the base is made of two heavy-duty side rails with three steel bars between them that create the width and allow for the gas pedal floor-mounted pivot, this also holds the heavy-duty shield plate.
The top bar holds the pedal arm itself while the button bar holds the brake load cell, the damper kit, and the clutches cam mechanics, All this with the gas and brake pedals having their own shaker motor o vibration device on each arm.
More flashy features:
- Pure realism
- Inverted clutch and brake
- Brake pedal equipped with adjustable damper
- Proven Design
- Maximum Adjustability
- Vibration feedback pedals
- Advanced Technology
- 90 KG adjustable load cell
- Contactless hall sensors with 12-BIT Resolution
Full Feature ( List )
- Turning points of brake and clutch on top side like in real cars
- High-resolution pedals with magnetic and contactless sensors on gas and clutch for long life and maximum performance
- Pressure-sensitive brake with custom made 90 kg load cell sensor
- Adjustable brake stiffness and travel without tools
- 12bit resolution (4096 values) on all axis
- Alternative D-shape race plates in curved design
- Pedal extension to adjust the angle of the pedal plate and to change the angle of the whole pedal arm
- Brake sensitivity can be adjusted through the tuning menu of the wheel and during the race
- Vibration motor on throttle pedal indicates rear wheel spin and oversteer (control by games is possible via Fanatec Wheel SDK)
- Vibration motor on the brake pedal to simulate ABS and indicate locking tires (controlled by Fanatec wheels: Compatible to all games. Dynamic control by games is possible via Fanatec Wheel SDK)
- The design of the gas pedal allows quick exchange of the springs. Two springs with different strength are included
- Damper Kit assembled out-of-box at brake, optional damper kit for gas sold separately.The hyraulic dampening resistance can easily be adjusted with a knob
- Full multi-platform compatibility, depending solely on the platform compatibilities of the connected Wheel Base/Racing Wheel
- Full metal construction of CNC-machined aluminum
- Ultimate adjustability: Position of pedal plates in all directions, angle, spring strength at throttle, brake sensitivity, brake travel
- Compatible to the colour kits to allow perfect optial customisation (Note: colour kit footrest is shorter than standard V3i footrest!)
Xbox One: Yes
Xbox X Serie: Yes
Note: The full compatibility can be only guaranteed on PC, nonetheless can be used in your favorite console if connected through a Fanatec Wheel Base / Racing Wheel, as well even can be used with (Logitech, Thrustmaster, etc) if the pedals are connected to PC via USB and if the game supports a second controller.
- Compatible with any Fanatec Wheel Base or Fanatec Racing Wheel with RJ12 Pedals connector. To connect Fanatec Wheels with PS/2 Pedal Socket, you need the additional PS/2 to RJ12 cable.
- Compatible with ClubSport Pedals V3 Brake Performance Kit
- Compatible with ClubSport Pedals V3 Damper Kit (Throttle Pedal)
- Dedicated plug for the ClubSport Handbrake
The pedals are not compatible with the ClubSport USB Adapter. Please use the included USB connector (PC only).
What is included?
- ClubSport Pedals V3 inverted
- ClubSport Pedals V3i Damper Kit (pre-assembled on brake pedal)
- 3x Pedal Extensions (2x assembled, 1x accessory)
- 3x D-shape pedal plates incl. mounting screws
- 1x Strong spring throttle
- 2x Stabilizer feet incl. mounting screws
- 1x RJ12 connection cable (150cm)
- 1x USB connection cable (180cm)
- 1x Allen Key for damper
- 1x Lithium grease bottle
- 1x Quick Guide
Clubsport V3 vs Clubsport V3 Inverted
|Clubsport V3||Clubsport V3 ( Inverted )|
|Platform:||PC, PS4 Ready, XBox One Ready||PC, PS4 Ready, XBox One Ready|
|ABS brake vibration:||Yes||Yes|
|Adjustable ABS vibration:||–||–|
|Adjustable brake sensitivity:||Yes||Yes|
|Adjustable pedal angle:||Yes||Yes|
|Damper:||Optional||Brake pedal, Optiona|
|Load cell brake:||Yes||Yes|
|Main material:||CNC machined Aluminium||CNC machined Aluminium|
|Pedal pads:||Anodized aluminium, D-shaped||Anodized aluminium, D-shaped|
|Sensors:||Contactless magnetic, Loadcell||Contactless magnetic, Loadcell|
|Adjustable spring strength:||Throttle||Throttle|
|Adjustable brake stiffness and travel:||Yes||Yes|
|Brake performance kit:||Optional||Optional|
|Max bits of resolution:||12 (4096) on all axes||12 (4096) on all axes|
|Grab Your product:||Clubsport V3||Clubsport V3 ( Inverted )|
- Only Racing Wheel | | $599.95 (Update)
My conclusions? You need these pedals on your simracing system ( Period )